Here are a few of the resources I recommend for fiction writers, particularly those writing in the romance genre:
- Michael Hauge’s Story Mastery Michael teaches incredible workshops about writing, and his books and blog are full of great insights into character and story arc.
- Jami Gold’s blog Home of excel beat sheets and other great forms for structuring stories plus advice and classes on both writing and creating a blog/website.
- Jennifer Crusie’s Essays for Writers Jenny is one of my all-time favorite authors. Excellent essays on writing craft plus a blog that looks at television shows from a writer’s perspective.
- Romance University Blogs, Articles & Lectures about writing & publishing.
- Kristen Lamb’s blog Home of MyWANA, advice & classes about writing, publishing & social media)
- Writing Conferences: I highly recommend both the New England RWA Conference and the New Jersey RWA Conference (New Jersey also has links on their page for recordings of past conferences)